Much of the diagnosis of vascular problems today is done with the help of ultrasound. We are the sole private practice in New Jersey to have a full-service vascular ultrasound lab on site. In this way, high quality studies can be obtained with minimal delay and no time wasted visiting a hospital. The studies use ultrasound waves to create images of blood vessels and blood flow. They are done by using a small handheld device with some warm gel on the area of interest. None of them involve needles or radiation. Most studies take under an hour.
All the studies we perform cause no discomfort, are non-invasive, and are all performed by a Certified Vascular Technologist. Like a varicose vein doctor, this is a person specially trained to do ultrasound on of blood vessels. We have state of the art Siemens and Sonosite Ultrasound machines that the tests are performed on. The vascular surgeon interprets each test. If an urgent problem is identified, an interim report will be phoned or faxed to the doctor who made the referral. A full written report with drawings and/or hard-copy prints will usually be mailed within 48 hours. These tests are nearly always covered by insurance if ordered by either your doctor or the vascular surgeon.
Many people today are taking control of their own health. They know they have risk factors for vascular disease such as age over 55, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or cigarette smoking and are concerned about having a stroke or dying of a ruptured aneurysm. We offer screening ultrasounds that can put your mind to rest about the above in less than 30 minutes. Insurance will not cover these tests, but we have made them quite affordable.
Noninvasive vascular testing procedures performed include:
ICAVL accredited lab for venous disease.
- Color flow duplex imaging of the upper and lower extremity venous systems.
- The preoperative venous mapping of lower extremity venous systems in patients scheduled for venous closure procedures.
- Post-op duplex scanning of lower extremity venous systems in patients after the venous closure procedures.
The Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory performs hundreds of the above procedures per year.
Other test performed
- Carotid duplex scanning
- Color flow duplex imaging of the upper and lower extremity arterial systems
- Cold immersion stress testing with digital artery pressures and temperatures measured for the valuation of Raynaud’s Phenomena