Varicose Veins Examination and Treatment Pre and Post Procedure
Pre and Post Therapy Care
- You must choose a date you would like to have the procedure. Our staff will then call the hospital or the surgi-center to schedule the procedure for you. Our staff will also get the authorization from your insurance company and a referral from your primary care physician, if required.
- Prior to surgery you must arrange to get the pictures of your legs taken and make sure that you have received your compression stockings which were prescribed to you.
- Prior to the procedure you must call the hospital to schedule for pre admission testing if required. You must call at 609-584-5806 to make this arrangement. If we schedule your procedure at a surgi-center we will provide that information to you.
- The day before your scheduled procedure please call 609-631-6951 between the hours of 4:30-6:00 PM to find out the time to be at the hospital the following day. Please do not call our office – only the hospital has the schedule for the time.
- Following surgery we recommend that you start your usual normal activities immediately: just avoid high impact aerobic activities for 2 weeks. You will be able to walk the same day and can return to work the next day.
- FOLLOWING SURGERY YOU CANNOT DRIVE FOR 24 HOURS, SOMEONE MUST DRIVE FOR YOU.
- YOU CANNOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT THE DAY BEFORE YOUR SURGERY.
- Please do not forget to wear the compression stockings and remember to perform the calf muscle strengthening exercises we discussed with you.
- Please call 609 890 2966 if you have any questions. After surgery, if you need to speak to Dr. Ahmad, please call 609 852 5252
For your convenience, we have a few of our most important forms available below.
You might notice that none of the forms included below are New Patient Information forms. We fill out much of the information found on these forms during your examination to save you on redundant and time-consuming paperwork, so they are not necessary beforehand. We provide the forms below to help you stay informed in case you misplace information you received while visiting our office. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to give our office a call during business hours. A friendly and knowledgeable staff member will be happy to provide any information you need.
If you cannot view PDF files, get Acrobat! You can download Acrobat Reader free from Adobe Systems, Inc. In order to use PDF files, you must have Acrobat installed on your computer.
Slide Presentation – Venous Insufficiency Animation
Venous Insufficiency (PDF)